Poltava State Medical University Overview
Poltava State Medical University , Ukraine
It is a Ukrainian state-run medical and dental school and is also known as the Ukrainian Medical and Stomatological Academy (UMSA). The University was established in the year 1921 by the dental faculty of Kharkiv Medical Academy. In 1967, the University was moved to the city of Poltava and was renamed as the Poltava Ukrainian Medical Stomatological (oral medicine) Academy (UMSA).
Due to its low death rate during surgery, the university received the highest accreditation level and later it got a new recognition the Poltava State Medical University (UMSA) in the year 1994. It offers graduate, postgraduate, and specialty courses in various fields to students. Poltava State Medical University’s ranking is among the top medical universities in Ukraine and attracts a huge number of students from all over the globe.
|Last Date to Apply||August month|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Fee||Rs. 3, 15,000 per year (approx.)|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Education||English, Russian or Ukrainian|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 76
World Rank – 500
|Accreditation||4th level Accreditation|
Advantages of Studying at Poltava State Medical University
- Because of highly qualified teachers/lecturers and Leaders, MBBS in UMSA Poltava is a very high-quality Program.
- The cost of studying MBBS in UMSA Poltava for Indian student is low and affordable.
- Indian Students applying for MBBS Admission in Poltava State Medical University are eligible for many licensing examinations like MCI Screening Test, PLAB (UK), USMLE (USA), and other licensing exams throughout the world.
- No entrance test such as IELTS/TOFEL is required for admission into Poltava State Medical University.
- The cost of living is low in Poltava and thus the life of students becomes easier while studying at Poltava State Medical University.
- Education in Poltava State Medical University is a part of the Bologna Process which ensures high-quality education.
- Admission in Poltava State Medical University offers English Medium courses.
- MBBS from UMSA Poltava is Globally Recognized by many organizations in the world.
- There is “No Donation and No hidden charges” while studying MBBS at Poltava State Medical University.
- A Poltava State Medical University fee for studying MBBS is affordable so it is highly demanded Government University.
Admission to Poltava State Medical University
An Indian medical applicant interested in MBBS from Ukraine based university UMSA needs to fulfill the predefined eligibility criteria. The Admission in Poltava State Medical University is free from hassle. There are no hidden charges or capitation fee.
Eligibility Criteria: For MBBS Course at Poltava SMU
- The student must have completed 10+2 from a regular recognized board.
- Applicants need to clear NEET from 2019 onwards for admission in any country abroad.
- The student must be minimum 17 years old as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from the General category.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry, and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from SC/ST/OBC category.
- The MBBS in Ukraine candidate need to be medically fit.
- He/she should have a valid passport.
About Poltava State Medical University fee
The Poltava State Medical University fee structure is affordable. Even an economically backward applicant can manage the tuition fee. The food and hostel accommodation fee is also comparatively low.
MBBS fee in Poltava State Medical University at a glance
Below is the detailed fee structure
|Year||FEE IN USD (approx.)||FEE IN INR (approx.)|
1st & 2nd Year Fee
3rd & 6th Year Fee
Govt. Hostel Fee
400$ Per Year
New Furnished Hostel
750$ Per Year
Other Charges First Year
Yearly fee there includes not only the tuition fee but also medical insurance and hostel accommodation fee.
About the City Poltava
Poltava city is located on the Vorskla River in central Ukraine. It is the administrative centre of the Poltava Oblast (province), as well as the surrounding Poltava Raion (district) of the oblast. The estimated population of Poltava is 296,760 within the area of 112 sq. km. The geographical position of Poltava is quite favourable. Poltava stands on important transport routes and provides communication between the largest cities of Ukraine – Kharkiv, Kyiv, and Dnipro.
Poltava’s location near large metallurgical, engineering and scientific centres such as Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Dnipro determined the development of machine-building and chemical industry. Indian MBBS students love studying in Ukraine. Poltava city’s climate is moderate continental with cool winters and warm (sometimes hot) summers. The average temperatures of the city are 5 degrees in January and 18 degrees in June. The average amount of rainfall per year totals 162 days and up to 556 millimetres per year. MBBS in Ukraine is the right choice for Indian male and female candidates.
Undoubtedly, pursuing MBBS from Poltava State Medical University, Ukraine is the perfect decision. It will play a vital role is fulfilling your desire of becoming a successful medical practitioner.