MEDICAL ADMISSION FOR MBBS IN MAURITIUS
ENROLLEMENT SESSION 2019-2020). Republic of Mauritius (French: République de Maurice), is an island nation in the Indian Ocean about 2,000 kilometres (1,200 mi) off the southeast coast of the African continent. The country includes the islands of Mauritius,Rodrigues (560 kilometres (350 mi) east of the principal island), the islands of Agalega and the archipelago Saint Brandon. Mauritius claims sovereignty over the Chagos Archipelago situated 1,287 kilometres (800 mi) to the north east; the United Kingdom excised the archipelago from Mauritian territory prior to Mauritius’ independence and gradually depopulated it. The islands of Mauritius, Rodrigues and Réunion, 170 km (110 mi) south west, form part of the Mascarene Islands. The area of the country is 2040 km2. Its capital is Port Louis.
The environment in Mauritius is typically tropical in the coastal regions with forests in the mountainous areas. Seasonal cyclones are destructive to the flora and fauna, although they recover quickly. Mauritius ranked second in an air quality index released by the World Health Organization in 2011.
Situated near the tropic of Capricorn, Mauritius has a tropical climate. There are 2 seasons: a warm humid summer from November to April, with a mean temperature of 24.7° and a relatively cool dry winter from June to September with a mean temperature of 20.4°. The temperature difference between the seasons is only 4.3°. The warmest months are January and February with average day maximum temperature reaching 29.2° and the coolest months are July and August when average night minimum temperatures drops down to 16.4°. Annual rainfall ranges from 900 mm on the coast to 1,500 mm on the central plateau. Although there is no marked rainy season, most of the rainfall occurs in summer months. Sea temperature in the lagoon varies from 22° to 27°.
Admission Criteria MBBS in MAURITIUS
- Students have to complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, in order to apply for the particular year for admission to the MBBS in Mauritius course. 60 % marks / as per MCI in Science & English.
- The selection of students to AMC shall be based solely on the merit of candidates.
- In case of admission on the basis of qualifying examination under clause (1) based on merit, the candidate for admission to the MBBS course must have cleared papers on Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at the qualifying examination.
- WHO (World Health Organization) affiliation ,Medical Board of California, recognition, Ministry of HRD.
- MBBS( Duration – 4 1/2yrs + 1 year Internship In India)
ANNA MEDICAL COLLEGE & RESEARCH CENTRE
Total Tuition Fee For the Course
Note:- Above Fees does not include accommodation & Food Charge
Above Fee Only includes Tuitions Fee.
AMC is listed in the directories of World Health Organization (WHO), and listed with Medical council of INDIA(MCI) and South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and is under the process of getting listed with Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) , Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates ECFMG, Global Alliance for Medical Education (GAME) which chronicle the accredited medical schools of the world. These listings allow our graduates to be eligible to write various national examinations such as the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), the Licentiate of the Medical College of Canada (LMCC), and the Diplomat Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom (MRCP).
AMC is listed with by following international agencies
- T.E.C: Tertiary Education Commission, Mauritius
- W.H.O: World Health Organization
- FAIMER: Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
- SAQA: South African Qualification Authority
- M.C.I: Medical Council INDIA
- IMED: International Medical Education Directory